Before you start investing in domains you need to evaluate them to determine how much money you should spend, there are many tools and websites that will score or appraise your domains. EvoSix.com is by far the easiest, and straight forward website to use, they not only score your domain, they also analyze it and tell you how they arrived at that score. They point out the positive and negative factors which affected your score. Another great tool on the website is the Score Simulator, which allow you to use sliders to simulate how other factors can affect your score. You will be able to see how your domain score compare with others. Evosix has a limit of 50 domain scores per day per IP address. Other websites like Estibot.com appraise your website and give it a monetary value, they limit their queries to 5 per day. These tools will help you save money and help you avoid overpaying for your domain.
Let’s face it, we are a consumer society which means that we buy products, use them, and dispose them, and then buy more of the same product, this is mostly due to advancing technologies and strong marketing campaigns. MoneySaving will show your teen how to save money. Teenagers are responsible for a big percentage of tech product purchases, and as a teenager you are being trained to become a long term consumer of products that you don’t necessarily need, and by the time you reach the age of 25 you would have accumulated at least two credit cards and are already in debt. A better way to manage your financial life is to start saving money at a young age, ask your Mom and Dad to open a savings account for you and contribute $100 per month into it, if you start at the age of 14 by the time you graduate from high school you would have saved $100 x 12 months x 4 years = $5,000, that is enough to buy yourself a very decent used car that will take you to college, and out with your friends. Being a saver is a positive thing, it January not be “cool”, but the long term benefits are way cooler. Here is some money saving advice and a few tips that will give your teen a financial head start:
- Open a savings account for your child, and teach them to save money, no matter how little, this will train them that money should not all be spent.
- Show them financial news and learning websites, and train them to shy away from shopping websites.
- Make them understand that they can make money by selling products, and be the more profitable side of the shopping experience.
- Give them weekly financial advice, this will help them as well as help you, and train them to give other financial advice.
MoneySaving would like to thank you for reading this article. Please feel free to post comments and feedback.
How to save money grocery shopping
There are two important things you should do before going to the grocery store, which should help reduce your bill and save you money in the short and long term.
1) Have a good meal before going to the grocery store, this will prevent you from buying unnecessary foods and products, I’m sure you’ve heard that shopping while hungry will lead to excessive and unnecessary buying, the food which will stay in the fridge or cupboard for months, and eventually go to waste.
2) Prepare a list of food items you need, do not buy in bulk as you will overeat, or will throw away after expiration. Buy for a week, or maximum two.
Now that you are at the grocery store there a few things you can do to save money.
Only buy groceries for the coming week, some people buy for a month and sometimes more, food will end up staying in your fridge for months, expire, and you will throw them away, this is a waste of food and money.
Buy good quality foods. Junk food will cause you digestive problems or worse and you will end up spending money on over the counter medication, and in some cases medical bills, doctor visits, prescription drugs, time off of work, etc…
Foods which are on sale are usually about to expire, or of not such great quality, again think about the quality of food vs quantity. It is better to pay $5.00 for a small steak, than $25.00 for a package of 10 large steaks. Cheap food is cheap in quality and you will end up paying the cost in medical bills.
Buy heavy duty grocery bags and reuse them, this will reduce cost for the grocery store, or you if you have to pay for them.
Your trip to the grocery store should be planned on the way back from other trips, this will save gas.
Finally do not let advertisers and coupons dictate what you are going to eat, you will eventually go back during the week and buy the items that you wanted in the first place.
Domain names are the names that you type in your browser when visiting a website such as Google.com, Amazon.com, and MoneySaving.com. When you have a business idea and need to build a website around it to sell a product or service, the first thing you need to do is search for and register a domain name, an example of a domain name would be yourownbusiness.com or supernewidea.com. Godaddy is one of many registrars that offers domain name registration for about $14 per year. Once you have searched for an available domain name you will be asked to pay for the first year, you can choose to pay the full price or enter a promo code and save anywhere between 75% to 90%, promo codes are available on the internet, here are a couple of websites where you can find them:
You want to look for those $0.99 per year or $1.49 per year, copy the promo code and apply during the registration check-out process at Godaddy, if it does work try another promo code, one of them will eventually work, sometimes Godaddy will show that the promo code was applied but doesn’t save you anything, it’s OK, try another one, you can try as many times as necessary to save yourself some money, there will be no repercussion against you, your domain, or your account.
Once you complete your domain name registration process you will essentially have a “business entity” on the Internet and own the domain, you will have to renew the name every year, and every year apply a promo code.
All you need now is a website. Look for promo codes, coupons, and deals, during every stage of building your Internet business and enjoy the money savings.
Many people believe that negotiating a great price on a car is better than saving money on a car loan. What most experts say is that to get a great deal, one must separately shop for the loan and the car.
If you want to save up to thousands of dollars, do not go straight to a car dealer. Instead, begin researching on car loan application. If you are a credit union member, it will help you save significantly as credit unions often have very competitive rates. There are also online lenders that have available car loan offers. You can also score good offers at your present auto insurance company. Banks, however, are where most buyers turn to for car financing.
Now, the next step is to secure the approval of your loan. It is a good thing to be very familiar with your own credit. There are credit rating companies that can provide you copies of your credit reports for free or for a small amount. You wouldn’t have to worry so much about your rating, however, because what January be low for a mortgage January already be good enough for an auto loan. Never assume the best, however, but follow another good car loans money saving tips
– regularly check auto loan rate tables of various banks online to find the best rates available. You will find out that there is one thing they call ‘prequalification’ in auto financing. When you get one, you will be able to go to a dealer with a blank check in hand, which means the check is good up to a specified amount. Communicate with the dealer and negotiate and see if the dealer can offer a better financing than the one you already have. That’s a very useful car loans money saving.
– Before closing the deal, study the loan. With the base amount and the monthly payments, you January think you are saving money when you actually are not. Interest can go way up that can drive the total cost if you do not make the best decisions on the terms of the payment. The loan term affects both the monthly payments and the total financing cost. Short payment terms require higher monthly payments than long ones, but long payment terms mean higher interest. This means short payment terms actually mean lesser total amount paid at the end of the loan. This is one car loans money saving tip to be mindful of, as monthly payments are fixed, but interest is variable. Another reason why you should shorten the term length is that the longer you finish paying for your loan, the higher the worth you owe on your car compared to the worth of the car itself. If you bought the car with the intention of selling it after a period of time, you won’t get a price that’s better than the amount you owe on the car. This is because vehicles depreciate in value overtime, while interest rates generally tend to go up. If you are planning to buy a car in the next few months, it is recommended that you follow these car loans money saving tips provided by most experts.